The Catholic University of America

What about parents? / What about a spouse?

  • Again, a student’s education information may not be released to anyone other than the student without the student’s written and signed consent. Even if the requestor is a parent or a spouse.
  • For example, an irate father calls you demanding education information about his son and believes he is entitled to the information because the son “filled out a form.” What should you do? Your next step should be to contact your department or Enrollment Services to confirm that the information may be released.
  • Please note: If the student is a dependent of the parent for tax purposes, the university has the discretion to release student record information to the parents. Only the Office of Enrollment Services should handle such requests.


<Previous | Next>